Five baby chicks are determined to have some fun before bed in a rhyming farm story with counting elements.It's time for bed, but these five chicks are full of energy!They race out of the coop to visit all of the other animals. But the dog is so snuggly and the hay is so comfy, and these five fuzzy chicks can't help but fall asleep one by one.Before long, the sleeping chicks are scattered all over the farm! What will Mama Hen do?
Readers also enjoyed
- Yusra Swims
- In a Garden
- Little Hippo
- Little Monkey
- Dream Big, Little Scientists: A Bedtime Book
- God Blesses Me
- Travel Guide for Monsters
- Boats Will Float
- Magnificent Homespun Brown: A Celebration
- Pitter Pattern
- Nonsense! The Curious Story of Edward Gorey
- A Stone Sat Still
- Do Not Rake Your Garden in a Party Dress
- In a Jar
- You Are Home: An Ode to the National Parks
- Old MacDonald Had a Baby
- Mindful Day
- With a Little Help from My Friends
Five Fuzzy Chicks Review
- January 1, 1970AnnCute book for a farm or chicken story time. Big illustrations.
- January 1, 1970KaitlynThis is now our favorite new bedtime book! This sweet rhyming story is filled with excitement, laughs, and cozy, cozy farm pictures that just make you want to cuddle your little one even closer. There is even extra comedy in the beautiful art by Sydney Hanson (see the page with the dog for my favorite example of this). The words and pictures both do an impeccable job of lulling little ones to sleep. I highly recommend everyone gets a copy when it comes out. So thankful for this beautiful arc.more
- January 1, 1970Andria RosenbaumThis rhyming read aloud, counting/ bedtime story is made for springtime.Readers will delight in these five, fuzzy chicks buzzing with energy. Each one runs around before falling asleep in various, cozy locations on the farm. Then their mama gathers them all together.The illustrations pair perfectly with the words, adding to the fun, dimension and sweetness of the chicks.This is a book begging to be read again and again!more
- January 1, 1970Michelle SchaubThis book is destined to be a farmyard classic. Countdown to bedtime with five fuzzy chicks who aren’t quite ready for bed. Readers will delight in the repetition of farm animal sounds as the chicks say goodnight to their neighbors. The cozy illustrations and soothing rhythm will soon have children’ cuddled up in their own snuggly nests.more
- January 1, 1970Tim McCannaAnother gem from Diana Murray! This sweet rhymer follows five fuzzy chicks around the farm as they seek out excitement, but adorably drop off to sleep, one by one. Sydney Hanson's illustrations are soft and cuddly, but full of fun details that demand a nightly reading. Perfect for any little one's library. Highly recommended.more
- January 1, 1970PamDelightful rhyming book about five chicks who have too much energy to go to bed. They run around the farm and find other places to sleep. The repetitive rhyme scheme will draw in young readers and they'll happily make the animal sounds too.
- January 1, 1970Aimée BissonetteAdorable! The rhyme is spot on and the illustrations are terrific. This is a wonderful counting book for the littlest readers. Fun introduction to farm animals and their sounds, with everyone tucked in snugly at the end. What a joy.
- January 1, 1970LoriA lovely, counting go-to-sleep tale set on the farm where five fuzzy chicks run off, fall asleep one by one, then are quickly gathered up by Mama hen to the coop, where all five chicks go to sleep. You can count on this one to be a go-to-sleep favorite.more
- January 1, 1970AmyThe adventure of five fuzzy chicks trying desperately to avoid bedtime! A cute story with lots of interactive possibilities...especially for toddler and preschool age readers.
- January 1, 1970JDarling. This book is completely darling. Expect it to go very well in a toddler/preschool storytime.
- January 1, 1970Gabrielle StollerSO sweet. Rhymes. Cute animals. Bedtime stories. What's not to love.
- January 1, 1970MelissaLike many storytime songs, the book starts with 5, and then they slowly leave ending with one. You practice counting and animals songs along the way.
- January 1, 1970Della FerreriThis book has it all - wonderful rhyme, adorable chicks, cute barnyard animal sounds, clever math, charming illustrations and...a sweet bedtime ending. Perfect for preschoolers!
- January 1, 1970KelseyAge: Toddler-PreschoolCountingAnimals: ChicksEach chickie falls prey to the cozy comforts of their animal friends. Rhyming readaloud perfect for all ages.
- January 1, 1970ErinThis will be a fun storytime read-a-loud.
- January 1, 1970NessaI love adorable books that rhyme!! These little chickies run from the nest to find different farm animals.
- January 1, 1970Julie AberyFive Fuzzy Chicks by Diana Murray is a cute rhyming and counting board book for bedtime! Children will love to scan through the illustrations looking for the chicks that have fallen asleep all over the farm! Soft, gentle art by Sydney Hanson complement the text perfectly! Sure to be a bedtime favourite!more
Write a review