While adventuring in the woods, Jo, Mal, Molly, April, and Ripley discover the hiding place of a group of magical creatures called Pookas and they think they've found new friends. But what they don't know is that the Pookas are tired of hiding, and they've found the perfect way to join the outside world...by impersonating the Lumberjanes themselves and taking over Camp! To reclaim their identities, the 'Janes will have to work together to remember who they really are...and to help another group of friends accept themselves, too, in a story about looking inside yourself and learning to love who you meet there.
Readers also enjoyed
- FCBD 2019: Under the Moon Sample and Raven Preview
- Welcome to Whedonverse - Free Comic Book Day 2019
- Doctor Who: The Thirteenth Doctor, #0 (Free Comic Book Day 2019)
- FCBD 2019: Avengers/Savage Avengers #1
- Dear Justice League
- Bob's Burger - Free Comic Book Day 2019
- Deadly Class: Killer Set (Free Comic Book Day 2019)
- FCBD 2019: Spider-Man/Venom #1
- The Avant-Guards, Vol. 1
- Jackalope Springs Eternal (Lumberjanes, Vol. 12)
- A Sheets Story (Free Comic Book Day 2019)
- Giant Days: As Time Goes By #1
- Animosity Tales - Free Comic Book France 2019
- Malika: Fire and Frost (Free Comic Book Day 2019)
- Bingo Love Volume 1: Jackpot Edition
- Riverdale Season 3 Special - Free Comic Book Day 2019
- Lumberjanes #66
- The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Two (Ruins of the Empire, #2)
- January 1, 1970Venus ManeaterVery cute for what it is, which is; a free floppy. Two perfectly picked Lumberjanes shorts. They're both cute, funny and entertaining, so a great intro into the LJ world. While I quit reading Lumberjanes because I wasn't all there for the art, these two stories are beautifully drawn. It's almost a pity that Polterink didn't get to draw the cover, honestly. Their work is lovely.more
- January 1, 1970ClaraThis was my first Lumberjanes, and I found it so endearing and adorable! Though I think it's probably aimed at an audience that's a little younger than me, I really love the way it weaves in educational components, crafts, etc. so naturally. The references to famous feminists from history were hilarious (do camp-age kids know who Jackie Joyner-Kersee is? probably not, but they might Google her!), and I related to April so strongly it hurt. I'm not saying I cried at the end, but I'm not *not* This was my first Lumberjanes, and I found it so endearing and adorable! Though I think it's probably aimed at an audience that's a little younger than me, I really love the way it weaves in educational components, crafts, etc. so naturally. The references to famous feminists from history were hilarious (do camp-age kids know who Jackie Joyner-Kersee is? probably not, but they might Google her!), and I related to April so strongly it hurt. I'm not saying I cried at the end, but I'm not *not* saying that.more
- January 1, 1970IvyThe other Ljane GN was really great, both beautiful and funny. Hopefully, this one will follow in that legacy.
- January 1, 1970MadisonI love when Ripley gets to tell the stories!
- January 1, 1970JamesFantastical tales told by an unreliable source.
- January 1, 1970LauraI LOVED THIS ONE SO MUCH! The Pookas were wonderful, I love Jen’s realization about herself, and I’m always here for a good April/Jo friendship plot. I’d love to see the Pookas return.
- January 1, 1970VanessaCute story with a good moral. The art work isn't to my taste, but the coloring/palette is on point.
- January 1, 1970CassandraReaders get to learn more of Jo's backstory and how it can be difficult to balance friendships.
- January 1, 1970Elysia4.5
- January 1, 1970isla*me, sweating*: oh so there's a jo/april version now????? hmmm don't think so hun. won't be spending another 15 bucks on THAT
- January 1, 1970Re •This was SO CUTE!! I mean I had already read the first volume of this series and honestly I didn’t entirely enjoy the plot. But I realize that it’s just about these girls going on crazy and cooky adventures. THAT’S IT. Either way I LOVE the art style, and the two stories in this issue were super cute, I think liked the the one with the spinx?? The best and it made me really happy.more
- January 1, 1970Ellie Hope72/100
- January 1, 1970ViolinknitterCute little sampler
- January 1, 1970LolaBoom Box's free Lumberjane comic from Free Comic Day reminds that I f****** love being in the Lumberjanes world. I love the Lumberjanes comics, but I have yet to dip into the Lumberjanes graphic novels. This sample convinced me that I have to. Recommended!more
Write a review