Can you ever truly escape the Hazel Wood?In the sequel to her New York Times bestselling, literary/commercial breakout, The Hazel Wood, Melissa Albert dives back into the menacing, mesmerizing world that captivated readers of the first book. Follow Alice Proserpine and Ellery Finch as they come to learn that The Hazel Wood was just the beginning of worlds beyond, “a place where stories and real life convene, where magic contains truth, and the world as it appears false, and where just about anything can happen, particularly in the pages of a good book” (The New York Times).
Readers also enjoyed
- Seven Devils (Seven Devils, #1)
- Untitled (Impostors, #4)
- Thieftess (Woodcutter Sisters, #4; Books of Arilland, #7)
- The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
- The Half King (Untitled #1)
- The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
- Untitled (Transference, #3)
- The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
- Untitled (Dread Nation #2)
- Nameless Queen
- The Color of Revenge
- Bone Grace (Bone Grace, #1)
- The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1)
The Night Country (The Hazel Wood, #2) Review
- January 1, 1970MelissaI'm definitely going to read this a lot of times.Edited to add: You can read the book's first chapter here!http://bit.ly/2UaxKyR
- January 1, 1970emmaCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVER-------------to whom it may concern:yours with great sincerity and gratitude,emma
- January 1, 1970theresa 🌸🥑GIMME GIMME GIMME I WANT ALICE AND FINCH PLZZZ
- January 1, 1970CerysAnneThis better be about Finch. That’s all I’m asking for. GODDAMN IT WOMAN PLEASE JUST GIVE ME MORE FINCH!EDITED TO ADD: WE HAVE A TITLE AND IT IS GOOOOOOOOOOOORGEOUSSSSSSSSS NOW ALL WE NEED IS A SYNOPSIS AND I WILL BE ONE HAPPY LADY
- January 1, 1970Cody RoeckerLET'S GO I CANNOT WAIT (i am going to adore this, 100%)
- January 1, 1970MircatxbooksOkay, all I can say is that I hope that Alice and Finch can find their way back to each other. Maybe she'll join him in another world along with her mother - after all, Ella missed the magic too.
- January 1, 1970MJa second book! yessss!
- January 1, 1970ShelbyDon't get me wrong, I LOVED The Hazel Wood but it ended on such a good note... what are you going to do?
- January 1, 1970Samantha SophiaI’m hanging on for book 2 because of Finch and his worlds exploring. I think there is room to tell a better story that doesn’t drag and with a hero you would actually root for that doesn’t dismiss the only person of color’s narrative. Also Janet and the story spinner would be great folks to expand uponThis story has potential and it falls short in a number of ways. I did find a continuity issues at the end with Sophia Snow, feels like a late add that was poorly edited into the book. The tales wi I’m hanging on for book 2 because of Finch and his worlds exploring. I think there is room to tell a better story that doesn’t drag and with a hero you would actually root for that doesn’t dismiss the only person of color’s narrative. Also Janet and the story spinner would be great folks to expand uponThis story has potential and it falls short in a number of ways. I did find a continuity issues at the end with Sophia Snow, feels like a late add that was poorly edited into the book. The tales within the book, eccentric minor characters and Finch saves my rating from being a 1 to making it a 3 star book. I have to admit I’ve read many stories with way less imagination and back bone. I’m hopeful about Melissa Albert’s writing evolution.more
- January 1, 1970NiaI really hope Finch comes back into the story. I enjoyed his character too much to see him go. Hopefully this book at least describes his journeys in the Hinterland. I really want him and Alice to be together though, thought it was going to happen. They has so much chemistry. Don't get me wrong I love their friendship but I mean come on, I think we all know what was happening there.more
- January 1, 1970MissGimme now!!!
- January 1, 1970RobinI need this book like right now 🙏🏽😩
- January 1, 1970Tucker (TuckerTheReader)OMMMGGGG!!!! A TITLE!!! DFDHEDGAJNSIFNE
Write a review