SECRETS THREATEN TO DESTROY THE ACADEMY. IF THE ASSASSINS CAN'T WORK TOGETHER, THE ACADEMY WILL FALL AND CHAOS WILL REIGN.The assassins have their hands full chasing down the creatures who've fled to the human world. Too bad Morgan has been consigned to the schoolroom, too valuable as the future heir to the crown to be risked. Not one to kick up her heels and do nothing, Morgan is determined to find out how to control her powers so she can protect what is hers...even if she has to sneak behind her team's backs to do so.But what should've been a time to settle down with her mates turns deadly when secrets are exposed. Morgan is furious, but determined to fight for the chance to have a future with her men...even if she must challenge the sea queen to prove her claim on Draven.The sea queen is vicious and will do whatever is necessary to get what she wants...and she wants Draven. There is always a price to pay for defying the queen, but her mates refuse to let Morgan pay the price alone.When a deal is struck, Morgan and her team must survive the next three days of being hunted by the queen's mightiest champions. If she fails, she and her mates will die, and Draven will be forced into a life of slavery for all eternity.An Academy of Assassins Novel: Book 3Meet the Assassins: Morgan, Kincade, Ascher, Ryder, Draven and Atlas.
Readers also enjoyed
- Seeker (The Royal Trials, #2)
- Witch's Fury (The Bone Coven Chronicles #4)
- Mistress of Blackwen (Artemis Ravenwing, #2)
- The Tail Game (Foxfire Burning, #2)
- Harlequin Dreams (The Harlequin's Harem, #2)
- White Charms and Dark Secrets (Grey Witch, #2)
- Defying Magick (The Witch Blood Chronicles #2)
- Vital Found (The Evelyn Maynard Trilogy, #2)
- Gypsy Moon (All The Pretty Monsters #4)
- Broken Spirits (Broken Storm #2)
- Shifters and Glyphs (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #2)
- Wings of Fate (Protected by Dragons, #4)
- A Court of Fire and Metal: an RH Fantasy Romance (War of the Gods Book 2)
- River of Dreams (Nine Kingdoms, #8)
- Realms of Fire and Shadow (Fae Witch Chronicles #3)
- Alpha Queen (Shifter Royalty Trilogy Book 3)
- Academy of Assassins (Academy of Assassins, #1)
- Heart of the Assassins (Academy of Assassins #2)
Claimed by the Assassins (Academy of Assassins, #3) Review
- January 1, 1970HdeanhI felt like there should’ve been 4 books to the series? I was a little disappointed that this book went half way through almost as a repeat of the second. The guys are leaving her out of hunts, she feels left out, they feel protective... It felt like they had that worked out at the end of book two but here we are again...I also wanted more development in their relationships. Everyone seemed scared of touching each other again. I don’t know, good series but the last left me a bit disappointing.more
- January 1, 1970AdaAfter finishing this book I fondly looked back at the review I wrote for the first book in this series, how thrilled I had been to find a decent RH book that checked every box only to be overwhelmed but still hopeful with the second book. Claimed By the Assassins doesn't even feel like it was on the same wavelength as the other books. The first chapter pretty much sums up the whole range of interaction between Morgan and her guys throughout the book. It's like the same things are repeated in dif After finishing this book I fondly looked back at the review I wrote for the first book in this series, how thrilled I had been to find a decent RH book that checked every box only to be overwhelmed but still hopeful with the second book. Claimed By the Assassins doesn't even feel like it was on the same wavelength as the other books. The first chapter pretty much sums up the whole range of interaction between Morgan and her guys throughout the book. It's like the same things are repeated in different words over and over no matter which guy she talks with. The guys' POVs are the same lovesick puppy inner monologues to make them anything memorable. I felt no progress in their relationship, no varying dynamics despite some perfect opportunity to create friction with the whole Draven situation. The characters themselves are so.. flat. Except for few scenes, Morgan was otherwise bland and dull. I don't know where her spunk and badass persona vanished. It would have been nice to see more scenes with her magic as it wasn't really explored. All of her guys were one dimensional, nothing beyond being Morgan's mates. Honestly it was sad to see such underwhelming utilisation of paranormal characters that had so much potential. The plot itself felt like a rough sketch of something that has yet to be finessed into a polished story. Big things that were the selling point like the Wild Hunt was vague at best with the whole huntsmen thing. A deadly challenge that automatically has a time out every day when the sun rises, what? Where's the continuity and what's the fun in that? After being overwhelmed last time with so many different location settings for the story, this book did the complete opposite where I really felt the lack of location exploring with nothing moving beyond the Academy, a club or a rundown farmhouse. The veil was cool but then again it's not really explored in this book beyond the short scenes. The action was alright but each of these bad dudes they faced all three days of this challenge just never made me care, even the sea queen who is the ultimate bad bitch for this book. How am I supposed to care when there were like two scenes with this queen? No buildup towards issuing the challenge and then afterwards, no interaction between her and Morgan practically till the end chapters. The shallowness with these supposedly evil characters just doesn't invoke the feelings that should be felt while reading their fight scenes. The resolution was honestly lacklustre for me, be it the altruistic one with the King or the short-lived end fight against the Vikings. I didn't feel like it was that impactful and it was again made cringe worthy with the whole sappy word exchange with her guys after the fight is over. Also we don't move beyond kisses and hugs even in this book, like what are we waiting for?more
- January 1, 1970Em3.5 starsNot as great as the first 2 books tbh
- January 1, 1970MaggieSeriously?
- January 1, 1970EmmaA decent chunk of this is basically the same group dynamic issues as the last book also not enough love! I mean its a reverse harem between adults and weve gotten what kisses? Thi better not be the final book cause it really hinted at moving onto the next mate group but these arseholes arent finished yet they need to explore the queen thing more the danuicus? dynamics not to mention actually experience some sort of honeymoon period i mean my god im all for amazing writing action scenes etc but y A decent chunk of this is basically the same group dynamic issues as the last book also not enough love! I mean its a reverse harem between adults and weve gotten what kisses? Thi better not be the final book cause it really hinted at moving onto the next mate group but these arseholes arent finished yet they need to explore the queen thing more the danuicus? dynamics not to mention actually experience some sort of honeymoon period i mean my god im all for amazing writing action scenes etc but you gotta balance i if its a reverse harem it should have more lovely scenes than a regular couple and in this book it barely had that. Unless you count her essentially mauling one of them back to life? Idk i just did amazing on the action side of things but the love side and group dynamic issues were ehhh i mean i feel like she got more quality scenes with harper and breanna than the guys which i love breanna and harper is less of a hoe so i can tolerate her and try to forget her said hoeness but reverse harem here people! Need more happy loving and less drama drama drama. Correct me with im wrong but wasnt it established last book that they were gonna be a team and not shut out their mate? I mean if you not gonna do any love scenes make it a highschool or younger series not adults. And flowery long speeches and confessions while sprinkled in are good especially for the emptionally constipated few of them but actions speak louder than words and are way better id much rather they have more affectionate time one on one time even group dates at some travelling magic carnival or jesus SOMETHING that is romance cause idk the title CLAIMED by the assassins speaks of more romantic vibes than anything else and idk i guess i was hoping for actual claiming and cementing of the bonds rather than a new tattoo which while very cute scene and probs my fav from the book wasnt enough yay were all happy and peaceful lets fo have an orgy or something lol (that was a joke was not expecting orgy but was expecting something anything between each of them one on one i mean i read adult romance for a reason no angsty highschool drama bs is the main reason and also the romance is real and proper soulmate stuff and not oh lets play spin the bottle and get told off at school for kissing or having to keep the bedroom door open when were in eachothers rooms nonsense ya feel?)more
- January 1, 1970RowenaDNF @63% This book might have been great if it weren't for the fact most of the plot revolved around Morgan and the guys arguing about how they were going to protect each other. Seriously, every event in the story was postponed while they had a discussion about who was going to do what and how they couldn't survive if anyone got hurt. I enjoyed the first two books in the series but this one was too annoying for me to even finish.more
- January 1, 1970Calceolaria*WARNING: There's an OW (who is drop dead gorgeous, by the way) who is likely mated to Shade and Ward. Also, the sandwich gargoyle is not a love interest either. He has a mate who is not the MC...Honestly, I kinda suspected that they would not be included in the harem, but although I anticipated the bullet the wound still hurts.And feel free to take a drink every time you see a long-winded monologue about loyalty and love.more
- January 1, 1970Jocelyn LeDonneGreat addition to this series. Morgan and her mates fight to remain together and for the academy. As Morgan comes in to her power and learns to trust those around her things end up working out in the end. But not without a battle for life and mates. I love how she is a tough strong assassin but she is also vulnerable with her mates and that we get to see her work through her insecurities throughout the series. Fantastic series all together.more
- January 1, 1970KaitlynneI am SO glad that there is going to be one more book in this series. There are so many things that I still need answers to! The character and world-building in this series never fails to amaze me, and this one gave me just as many feels as the other two.more
- January 1, 1970TomaI really could not find anything wrong with the book. I loved the plot, the characters, the relationships, everything!
- January 1, 1970Ruman4.5 stars!
- January 1, 1970Janus the Erudite ArtistI may have just outgrown this series. :(
- January 1, 1970Miya Alexander✨ 4.5 Stars ✨ I just was like yassssssss the whole time. I can’t wait for queen of the assassins! Great pace.
Write a review