Written by the #1 New York Times best-selling author of Ahsoka! When Padmé Naberrie, "Queen Amidala" of Naboo, steps down from her position, she is asked by the newly-elected queen to become Naboo's representative in the Galactic Senate. Padmé is unsure about taking on the new role, but cannot turn down the request to serve her people. Together with her most loyal handmaidens, Padmé must figure out how to navigate the treacherous waters of politics and forge a new identity beyond the queen's shadow.
Readers also enjoyed
Queen's Shadow Review
- January 1, 1970AnaMe: I desperately need an ARC. The publisher: NetGalley will decide your fate.Me: I am NetGalley.SOMEONE GIVE ME QUEEN'S SHADOW BEFORE I GO INTO FULL SITH MODE. Padme deserved so much better than Anakin's punk ass. I can’t believe I’m saying it but it’s very, very true. How you gon force choke your pregnant wife. Give me that sweet, sweet space drama goodness. I need it like a crackhead needs coke. I foresee: Political dramaOutlandish, fluffy dressesA choreographed tour through the beauties of Me: I desperately need an ARC. The publisher: NetGalley will decide your fate.Me: I am NetGalley.SOMEONE GIVE ME QUEEN'S SHADOW BEFORE I GO INTO FULL SITH MODE. Padme deserved so much better than Anakin's punk ass. I can’t believe I’m saying it but it’s very, very true. How you gon force choke your pregnant wife. Give me that sweet, sweet space drama goodness. I need it like a crackhead needs coke. I foresee: Political dramaOutlandish, fluffy dressesA choreographed tour through the beauties of NabooA secret friendship and budding romance between Anakin and PadmeObi-Wan thinking, talking, running, fighting, being awesome, perfect and flawless at the same timeJar Jar proving once and for all he is not only a 1st class politician but also an intellectualPadme doing Padme things fighting for the republic, falling in love with an emotionally unstable jedi, losing the will to live I am expecting good things.more
- January 1, 1970Elise (TheBookishActress)This is a Padme Amidala book by one of my favorite authors and it's killing me inside a little bit. thanks for my life E.K. Johnston
- January 1, 1970RachaelY'ALLLLLLLLL I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS, I CAN'T BREATHE.FROM QUEEN TO SENATOR? AKA A SOLO PADMÉ STORY WITH THE HANDMAIDENS AND POLITICS AND INTROSPECTION AND BADASSERY? SIGN. ME. UP. I AM READY!!!Also, E.K. Johnston has owned me ever since she wrote Ahsoka and ruined my life.I am ready to be hurt again.more
- January 1, 1970FrankDisney: alright we let you write a book about Ahsoka now write one that's about someone from the original trilogy like Leia or-EKJ: did you ever hear the tragedy of Padmé Amidala and her handmaidens?Disney: . . .EKJ: it's not a tale Disney would tellDisney: . . .Disney: it's treason thenmore
- January 1, 1970kenzie mayUh, how about yes freaking please
- January 1, 1970Kaitlan FaithA BOOK ABOUT PADMÉ?! PADMÉ FINALLY GETTING THE RECOGNITION SHE DESERVES?! I! CANT! WAIT! YES! FINALLY!
- January 1, 1970Tori Youngk wait is it for real only 66 pages bc1) that's insulting for multiple reasons one of which is order 66and 2) the other is the fact that PADME DESERVES MOREwhatEDIT: ok apparently it’s 400 pages now so that’s more like it
- January 1, 1970Brandon St MarkI've kinda lost interest in a majority of the new star wars books, but I like what Johnston did in the Ahsoka novel so I'm gonna give this one a shot.
- January 1, 1970Scott KorinPadme content between The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones? Can I have it now, please?!?
- January 1, 1970VictoriaWHAT!!!!!!
- January 1, 1970R.J.GUYS I AM SO FUCKING HYPE FOR THIS BOOK
- January 1, 1970Lulu (the library leopard)FUCK ME I'M GONNA HAVE TO WATCH THE PREQUELS JUST SO I CAN READ THIS AREN'T I
- January 1, 1970CBWundy5 stars just to counter some Rebel Scum's review with one star on a book they haven't even read yet...Really keen forward to this book!
- January 1, 1970amy hopes for this book are nonexistent after your offensive (now deleted) twitter rant in which you called multiple star wars characters “nazi’s” and “fascists”. as a jewish fan who had been planning to preorder this book, seeing the author throw around these terms like they are nothing is highly disturbing. i really wish disney and lucas film went with someone different for this project. i will be skipping this book.more
- January 1, 1970Karli 🧡This is what I’ve always wanted.
Write a review