In this powerful and exciting fantasy set in the world of the New York Times bestselling Others series, humans and the shape-shifting Others will see whether they can live side by side...without destroying one another.There are ghost towns in the world—places where the humans were annihilated in retaliation for the slaughter of the shape-shifting Others.One of those places is Bennett, a town at the northern end of the Elder Hills—a town surrounded by the wild country. Now efforts are being made to resettle Bennett as a community where humans and Others live and work together. A young female police officer has been hired as the deputy to a Wolfgard sheriff. A deadly type of Other wants to run a human-style saloon. And a couple with four foster children—one of whom is a blood prophet—hope to find acceptance. But as they reopen the stores and the professional offices and start to make lives for themselves, the town of Bennett attracts the attention of other humans looking for profit. And the arrival of the Blackstone Clan, outlaws and gamblers all, will uncover secrets…or bury them.
Readers also enjoyed
Wild Country (The Others, #7) Review
- January 1, 1970Dichotomy GirlI was so excited to create this book entry and add it to my to-read 2019!From: http://www.annebishop.com/a.faq.htmlQ. Will you be writing more books about the Others?A. Yes. I’m currently working on a story set in Bennett, which will be released in March 2019.more
- January 1, 1970Roxy D.C5/26/2018: AHHHHH😍!!!! We're getting another book set in the Others World! I wonder who's gonna be the main protagonist this time🤔? I just have to wait 10 months and it'll be in my possession...........that seems so far away😭.
- January 1, 1970LaRonda (Flying Paperbacks)03/21-- If you thought I wasn't gonna jump on this... YOU WERE WRONG--07/25-- A COVER!!! *faints*
- January 1, 1970Anna (Bobs Her Hair)Wasn’t the female officer sent to Bennet discussed in book 5? Weren’t there circumstances surrounding her transfer? Talk to me. :)
- January 1, 1970A.M.G.Pre-Reading SpealOh my good-golly-gosh...Okay, so, I really love this series! The first four books were just one WOW after another, and while I felt that the fifth book was kind of anti-climactic and lacked the excitement of the other four, I still liked it. In my review of the fifth book though, if I may quote myself, I asked a few key questions:"How much human will the terra indigene keep?! What about Stavros and Nyx? Tess and Henry? Sam and Lizzy, perhaps? Jana and her new job? Barb and her n Pre-Reading SpealOh my good-golly-gosh...Okay, so, I really love this series! The first four books were just one WOW after another, and while I felt that the fifth book was kind of anti-climactic and lacked the excitement of the other four, I still liked it. In my review of the fifth book though, if I may quote myself, I asked a few key questions:"How much human will the terra indigene keep?! What about Stavros and Nyx? Tess and Henry? Sam and Lizzy, perhaps? Jana and her new job? Barb and her new job? Hope and her wolf pack? JEAN?! ALL OF THE CASSANDRA SANGUE?! HUMANITY IN GENERAL?! THE WORLD?! CONSIDERATE MONTY AND MY BELOVED BADASS BURKE?! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO ALL OF THESE GREAT CHARACTERS AND THE WORLD THAT THEY LIVE IN?! ARE THEIR ROLES JUST NO LONGER RELEVANT BECAUSE YOU'VE FINALLY SETTLED THINGS BETWEEN MEG AND SIMON? ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THEIR RELATIONSHIP WAS THE ENTIRE FOCUS OF YOUR STORY THE ENTIRE TIME?"Ahem, the questions that are underlined are the ones that I expect to be answered in this coming book. Book 6 I haven't read and do not plan on reading, because it seems to have nothing to do with the plot of the first 5 books, besides of course taking place in the same world of the Others with the same set of rules. This book though, looks promising, with Jana (human police deputy) as the main character in a hopeful romance with her Werewolf (strict and mean badass, it seems like) sheriff, all the while trying to answer the most crucial question of how much human will the terra indegene keep, and how the shaky balance between them will be maintained against dangerous groups out for their own gain...at any price.Looking super forward to reading this!more
- January 1, 1970BrendaFantastic. One of my favorite authors.
- January 1, 1970EssI’m going to be savouring every page of Wild Country because after this instalment Anne’s going back to the world of the Black Jewels series! Going to miss the Crowguard :(
Write a review