The search for the killer of an aristocratic French winemaker who was Lucie Montgomery's first crush and the discovery of dark family secrets put Lucie on a collision course with a murderer.It's harvest season at Montgomery Estate Vineyard--the busiest time of year for winemakers in Atoka, Virginia. A skull is unearthed near Lucie Montgomery's family cemetery, and the discovery of the bones coincides with the arrival of handsome, wealthy aristocrat Jean-Claude de Marignac. He's come to be the head winemaker at neighboring La Vigne Cellars, but he's no stranger to Lucie--he was her first crush twenty years ago when she spent a summer in France.Not long after his arrival, Jean-Claude is found dead, and while there is no shortage of suspects who are angry or jealous of his ego and overbearing ways, suspicion falls on Miguel Otero, an immigrant worker at La Vigne, who recently quarreled with Jean-Claude. When Miguel disappears, Lucie receives an ultimatum from her own employees: prove Miguel's innocence or none of the immigrant community will work for her during the harvest. As Lucie hunts for Jean-Claude's killer and continues to search for the identity of the skeleton abandoned in the cemetery, she is blindsided by a decades-old secret that shatters everything she thought she knew about her family. Now facing a wrenching emotional choice, Lucie must decide whether it's finally time to tell the truth and hurt those she loves the most, or keep silent and let past secrets remain dead and buried.
Readers also enjoyed
- The Merlot Murders (Wine Country Mysteries #1)
- The Chardonnay Charade (Wine Country Mysteries #2)
- The Bordeaux Betrayal (Wine Country Mysteries #3)
- The Riesling Retribution (Wine Country Mysteries #4)
- The Viognier Vendetta (Wine Country Mysteries #5)
- The Sauvignon Secret (Wine Country Mysteries, #6)
- The Champagne Conspiracy (Wine Country Mysteries, #7)
- The Vineyard Victims (Wine Country Mysteries, #8)
Harvest of Secrets (Wine Country Mysteries, #9) Review
- January 1, 1970BarbI have enjoyed reading this series! A mystery, history lesson, and wine-making info all in one!And now that I’ve read all of the books, including this digital ARC from Edelweiss (thanks!), I’m going to miss reading about these characters!
- January 1, 1970Laura HundleyHarvest Of Secrets by Ellen Crosby has us enthralled in a murder mystery that takes us to different time periods. We are at the height of harvest season at winery’s in VA and Lucie Montgomery has found something that should not be where it was. A skull. Not just any skull but the skull of the man whom she first loved. The suspect is Miguel Ortero an immigrant worker at the winery. However the other workers want his innocence proven or they will not work this years harvest. So Lucie must investig Harvest Of Secrets by Ellen Crosby has us enthralled in a murder mystery that takes us to different time periods. We are at the height of harvest season at winery’s in VA and Lucie Montgomery has found something that should not be where it was. A skull. Not just any skull but the skull of the man whom she first loved. The suspect is Miguel Ortero an immigrant worker at the winery. However the other workers want his innocence proven or they will not work this years harvest. So Lucie must investigate to find the killer. This is a very well written story with lots of twists and I must say that the author does a great job at steering you to believe that it could be multiple people that killed Jean-Claude. The ending is wonderful and ties it all together like a bow on a present.Thank you netgalley as well as the author for giving me the opportunity to read this book in exchange for my honest review.4 stars ⭐️ out of 5more
Write a review