Max has finally found everything she never dared dream of; family, friends, and love with a man who does terrifying things to her independence. She has more to lose than ever before. With lines being drawn in the sand and sides being chosen, the future from her nightmares seems set in motion. Max is terrified – feeling the weight of her Order’s lives on her shoulders. But she’s also resolute, because she’s calling do-over on their entire society!Ryker had been a miserable bastard for years before Max stumbled into his life and turned his whole world upside down. Months ago, she arrived and offered him everything he swore he would never want or need. Now there was no question; he was blissfully whipped. But who would have thought that winning Max’s heart wasn’t the real fight?With the rot at the centre of their society uncovered and the hidden threat identified, Max and Ryker must unite all – wardens, paladins, rangers, and chades – if they are to defeat their common enemy.But hey, with a Goddess on their side, how hard can it be?
Readers also enjoyed
Custodian (Elemental Paladins, #5) Review
- January 1, 1970Kodie MackayJfyfknsgifngfjdkdnfjfogjdyskdofhfbfkdidyfbvkdksmsbeidofhcbmsxxzxhxdhejeksbrhfncbff FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK^ = me after reading that last sentence. Montana is an evil genius and I'm in awe of his talent but fucking hell im tamping because I have to wait god knows how long the get my hands on REVOLUTION #readerproblems This author is a more recent new love of mine but she made me a believer quickly. Absolutely no hesitation in pre ordering Custodian because I just adored the other 4 books Jfyfknsgifngfjdkdnfjfogjdyskdofhfbfkdidyfbvkdksmsbeidofhcbmsxxzxhxdhejeksbrhfncbff FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK^ = me after reading that last sentence. Montana is an evil genius and I'm in awe of his talent but fucking hell im tamping because I have to wait god knows how long the get my hands on REVOLUTION #readerproblems This author is a more recent new love of mine but she made me a believer quickly. Absolutely no hesitation in pre ordering Custodian because I just adored the other 4 books in the series. This book is fucking loco!. I devoured it in one sitting practically nose to page not giving a flying fuggle what was happening in my house around me... Son and man decided to trash the house with toys I am now cleaning up! FYI, It was so worth it for a few hours of blissful reading. Max is one of the best heroines I've ever read period, she has a special place in my heart. She the kind of heroine I hunt for in books but never seem to find. Hilarious, sweet, strong and sensitive. A well rounded character who's relatable in her struggles with such a captivating personality. She draws me to her with her perfectly imperfectness, quirks and all I want to be her bestie, sister .. hell I'd take distant relative.I love all the characters! They all have their own individual qualities that really pull this book together. As much as I love Max... she wouldn't be the same without her Brady bunch of dysfunctional fruitcakes. we have Ryker the "grumpy dad" figure, Darius the "rule player" and Ivy the "unsociable" one. Those three are serious trio of the group. Then we have Lark the "watcher", Bayden the "sort of pacifist" and Dex who's quite frankly learning how to live again. They are the more layed back trio. Then we have the trouble makers of the group... Axel the "flirt" with Cali and Diana the fiesty chinwaggers. The chemistry between all the characters is so easy and that's what makes it so believable. They're all so different yet they fit together perfectly creating that balance.Nearly every gets a POV in this book giving you different perspectives of the story. It nice to catch up and get a feel on how they're all doing amongst the crazy chaos. The storyline is perfection. Written seemlessly feeding you little teasers along the way keeping you fully engaged on what's happening and building up the anticipation of what's yet to come. The story had every kind of emotion possible squeezed into a short space taking you on a turbulent ride leaving you feel emotionally drained yet oh so satisfied. I expected greatness and this gave me that and more. It also made me so curious about a few other characters and their possibilities for the future.... I foresee exciting things ahead. It's not the kind of story you can write an in depth review about without giving up vital parts of the storyline so it's one you have to go into blindsided. But it's so worth that ride. I don't have one complaint about the story except for being left like that!!!!! I feel betrayed at the evilness of that shit. It's like dangaling a donut in front of bodybuilder on a diet mun!!!! It's fucking genius because everyone will be salivating at the bit for the next release. But as a reader I want it now like yesterday. Sighhhhhhhhhs all round. At least confirm it will be released soon?!😭😭So... final thoughts on this rollercoaster..Pure brilliance. A pnr romance with all the extras, every kind of emotion possible and a slew of crazy dysfunctional looney for characters... what's not to love. - Movement to his left caught his eye and he barely refrained from screaming hysterically. Please, Mother, I beg you. Don't let it be. Out loud he said, "Babe? Please tell me there isn't a great white shark watching us have sex beyond that wall of water." He saw he dark eyebrows rise in surprise before she rolled her head to the side, "It's just Bruce." Ryker's sigh sounded long-suffering even to his own ears, "Just Bruce," he repeated. "My life was so boring until I met you." Max grinned at him, "You're welcome."^ This kinda shit had me out right crying in laughter!. Gahhh I loved this book.more
- January 1, 1970AnneAt the last page, I was like, she did not end it like that. What do you know, no matter how many strands of hair I've pulled or how many times I verbally denied it, she really did it. Again, I'm becoming unhinged. I freaking love the whole gang. The order. I love the variety of POVs provided. At first, it felt like a catch up read. And I couldn't be more wrong. This was practically the climax of the Elemental Paladin series. It was full of answers, whether it be about the political aspects of ID At the last page, I was like, she did not end it like that. What do you know, no matter how many strands of hair I've pulled or how many times I verbally denied it, she really did it. Again, I'm becoming unhinged. I freaking love the whole gang. The order. I love the variety of POVs provided. At first, it felt like a catch up read. And I couldn't be more wrong. This was practically the climax of the Elemental Paladin series. It was full of answers, whether it be about the political aspects of IDC. About Max's heritage. About chades/chadens. About the previous custodians. It was all-encompassing and simply put, fucking brilliant. But most important of all was the fact that this is the very come-to-Jesus moment of the whole gang. Where they realized they got each other. This family, this family of rejects and lost hearts...ahhhhh I wish I was with them. That I belonged, too. It was surreal. Each and every of the characters finally got their specific roles in the story line and they've done the best playing said roles. 1. Mordecai. Though the very first part was painful, in a very embarrassing way, I reflected Max's sense of duty and loyalty through him. Heck, even the stubborn streak. And the pouting and the tantrums. (I was mortified on behalf of him when he faced the goddess. seriously. half-laughing and half-cringing/facepalming). And then the daughter-father moments? Precious. I long to see more of them, btw. *wink* 2. Ivy. She's my favorite one next to Max hihi. My tough, lone wolf (ranger) deserved this order, this family. I couldn't be more happy seeing her hangout with the girls. Even participate with the antics and shenanigans. *grasps beating, bleeding heart on my hand.* 3. Dex. I felt like a proud mom on behalf of Max and the author when he faced off with Emmanuel. Then when he-no, actually, when we all, realized that Emmanuel's darkness couldn't taint him anymore? Fabulous. I wish I had popcorn and tea with me for Emmanuel's indignation and rage at that realization. 4. Garrett, Autumn and Emmanuel. I hate what they all turned out to be but let's just pause for a moment how this author didn't write purposeless or shallow antagonists. These family were so far gone to vengeance, greed and hatred but knowing all that still broke my heart because these three weren't bad. How Garrett and Autumn were both, at first, desperate for their son's condition. But in the end they had succumb to the greed for power they felt when they fed Emmanuel immense amount of powers/energy. Plus, I was kind of broken too when I read about Emmanuel's rage because his parents tortured him instead of granting him swift and honorary death. To me, that's the freaking tragedy of it all. (Aside from Max, of course.) Shame, these ones. 5. Max. Last, but definitely not the least. I'm so freaking in love, mindblown and all other feelings with this character. She's just such a beautiful combination of her father and mother. That she's the very kind of salvation all these wardens and paladins deserved. That she's the very kind of heroine I've always wanted to read about. She's all those things and more. PS I might not have included the rest of the characters from the order but I freaking love them all. PPS does this mean the next books will be for the remaining single people? Axel, Beyden, Nikolai...the triplets? Hello, I still haven't forgotten the triplets. Please please please?more
- January 1, 1970TeresaCustodianIf I could give more stars I would. Custodian left me speechless. My mind is still try to process everything that has happened!! One of the best books in the series!!
- January 1, 1970C.J.Absolutely brilliant! Loved all the different POVs as it let me catch up with all my favourite characters. I also developed a few more favourites like Mordecai and Knox. But that ending just about killed me! I’m desperate for the next book. I need to see the reunion! Can’t get enough of this series.more
- January 1, 1970VeronicaI had been super excited for this book to come out and I must say it's definitely my least favorite of the series. Every chapter was from someone else's point of view and I was definitely getting whiplash halfway through. I also felt that the male characters were getting wayyyy too sappy; like gag-worthy sappy. Especially Ryker. I wanted to tell him to man up and grow a pair a few times.The overall plot was good but the lead up was a little dry so I started skipping pages, which meant I skipped I had been super excited for this book to come out and I must say it's definitely my least favorite of the series. Every chapter was from someone else's point of view and I was definitely getting whiplash halfway through. I also felt that the male characters were getting wayyyy too sappy; like gag-worthy sappy. Especially Ryker. I wanted to tell him to man up and grow a pair a few times.The overall plot was good but the lead up was a little dry so I started skipping pages, which meant I skipped like a third of the book.Since I did enjoy 4 out of 5 books, and I really like Beyden, I will be continuing this series. I'm just super hoping that there will not be a different POV every chapter (unless it's from the same two characters; but by all of them is just too much).more
- January 1, 1970AllenaI laughed, I cried, I enjoyed every minute of this five star read. As things finally come to a head we discover more deceit than we thought possible. Catching up on all our old friends is bittersweet and at times gut wrenching. The laughter we catch here and there is balanced with the worry and horror that has become common in this world. An enemy that is more powerful than we have seen before and Max’s worries have you scrambling to get to the next page or chapter to find out what the outcome w I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed every minute of this five star read. As things finally come to a head we discover more deceit than we thought possible. Catching up on all our old friends is bittersweet and at times gut wrenching. The laughter we catch here and there is balanced with the worry and horror that has become common in this world. An enemy that is more powerful than we have seen before and Max’s worries have you scrambling to get to the next page or chapter to find out what the outcome will be. A definite must read for any PNR fan.more
- January 1, 1970Belinda DonaldsonWhat an amazing rollercoaster of a read.Montana absolutely nailed this book.This installment picks up where Ranger finisjed. (If you haven't read the previous books stop right now and get to it).With the everyone finally realising that Max was right and the war is cominh, they must pick a side to fight for.While the order of Aurora scrambles around Max, the chadins are preparing to battle not just for lives but their souls.This book was a great read and I seriously cant wait for the next story.more
- January 1, 1970SandraLots of interaction between all the members of Max's Order, plus the extras, Ivy, Dex & Max's dad Mordecai. Did make it a little choppy but it wasn't too bad.The feeling of foreboding builds as the War becomes inevitable, and Max's visions become reality. Loved the mention of Daryl Braithwaite's Horses. It kept slipping into my head after that bit.So glad there are another 2 books to come in the series.more
- January 1, 1970Amanda CashAnother fantastic read!Montana Ash does it again!Max and the gang finally find out who the evil bad guy is and how he came to be that way. Love and family are big emotions that run through this book continuously. Max finally speaks with Mordecai and makes some progress with her feelings about him. The ending made me cry, but the very last part left me with a smile on my face.Can't wait for the next book and to see what happens next!more
- January 1, 1970JaneSeriously good book. Loved it, I cried and I laughed and I got pissed off. Sometimes a series loses the plot by the 5th book but this one kept true To the plot and on track. I loved how the author doesn't drag out the fight scenes forever. They are just the right length to keep it interesting. And she's not afraid to kill off characters. Seriously, Montana Ash your books just keep getting better and better. Congratulations ❤❤ Seriously good book. Loved it, I cried and I laughed and I got pissed off. Sometimes a series loses the plot by the 5th book but this one kept true To the plot and on track. I loved how the author doesn't drag out the fight scenes forever. They are just the right length to keep it interesting. And she's not afraid to kill off characters. Seriously, Montana Ash your books just keep getting better and better. Congratulations ❤️❤️more
- January 1, 1970A.C. IlsleyThis is my favorite book in the series so far! It was an emotional roller coaster. One minute I was laughing and the next I was crying hysterically. My sister didn’t know what to do with me. Montana Ash shattered my heart and then put most of the pieces back together. The cliffhanger is killing me! After I finished the book I was emotionally exhausted but at the same time I had an adrenaline rush. I recommend this series to everyone!more
- January 1, 1970Pam CollinsExcellent series!These books are some of the finest I've ever read. They are imaginative, funny, heartrending, and heartwarming epics. They have all the action, steamy love scenes, and intrigue anyone could dream up. Only Tolkien has impressed me more, and had as clear an understanding of what our world faces if we don't act more responsibly, as well as entertaining the reader.more
- January 1, 1970Lorna BroussardMontana Ash continues her amazing series with Book #5 of the Elemental Paladins series with her newest, Custodian. So many questions are answered with the backstory of the major characters. The action builds throughout; and the climax is unexpected, surprising, and a true OMG moment. Reading Montana will make you laugh, cry, and cuss.more
- January 1, 1970Eileen FrielO.M.G. this book slayed me. I stopped reading to go to a doctor's appointment but other than that I couldn't put it down, even reading while I ate. "Custodian" is not a stand alone book but the 5th book in Montana Ash's Elemental Paladins series. It is an action packed, snarky, emotional, paranormal romance. Montana Ash does not disappoint!!!more
- January 1, 1970DmclAnother amazing story in the Elemental Paladins series, this book leads into the final cataclysmic confrontation between Max and her allies and Emmanuel and his soulless army. How does it end and who emerges victorious? Who is left standing and who is gone forever? Read Custodian and be prepared for the answers and the promise.more
- January 1, 1970Marcia BucktinWow Montana Ash has produce another sensational book, I think this is her best one yet. Although this book is more narrative it still draws you in. I could not put the book down and finished it in one reading. You will laugh and cry and in my case wanted to yell at the Author ....I highly recommend this bookmore
- January 1, 1970JoNeed to know what happens next!I enjoyed this book although probably not as much as the others, only because it didn't centre on a pair this time and I miss that. It also felt shorter than the other books but that could just be because I read too fast :( All in all, great story and I will continue with the series .more
- January 1, 1970LullsPrepare to have all the feelsI could tell when reading that this would be a book that has the climax of the series, the one with victory, the one with loss, and a cliffhanger. I hate cliffhangers without having the next book available directly afterward, but couldn't put it down to wait. It was so good. Sooo good. Can't wait for the next.more
- January 1, 1970Pam FosterWow!!!!!!!! I mean just wow!!! This is such an amazing read....it ties everything together that’s happened so far by telling the story through multiple view points and it just develops the overall arc of the series so well, so many funny moments and heartwarming ones too as well as some serious jaw dropping scenes too!!!! Fantastic can’t wait to see what happens next....5 stars!more
- January 1, 1970CheyenneYes yes yes :-) This book was amazing! I loved how you gave points of view from most of the characters and it was still steamy but also chock full of action. I was so into the book I didn't want it to end. Great job Montana! Can't wait for more.
- January 1, 1970LuciI loved the first book in this series but found myself skimming more and more as the series continued. I loved the story line and character development was good. I'm not sure why but this one just didn't do it for me.
- January 1, 1970Christine ErnestShe's done it again!Montana Ash has once again delighted her readers with an excellent addition to her Elemental Paladin series. Custodian will make you laugh out loud and cry, and I highly recommend it to everyone.
- January 1, 1970Marie BiswellPhew-ey .. this book was action packed! Hold onto to your chairs when you read it because you'll be fighting off their enemies along with the characters then crying your eyes out then sitting there with your mouth-agape in shock in the very last paragraph!!more
- January 1, 1970MeredithGreat bookWonderful continuation of the elementals story’s. It had parts from all of the characters up until now. I laughed and I cried and I didn’t want it to end. Really great book.
- January 1, 1970Lori BoshawThis book gave me all the feels -I laughed, I cried, it has it all. Each of the characters are so strong and the story line through each of the five books is amazing.
- January 1, 1970Sandra Loves ReadingAbsolutely SUPERB!!!All I can say is I hope Book 6, Revolution, will be out soon!
- January 1, 1970Lois AlstonI liked itSuch an entertaining story. Enjoyed all of the action. Understand that a sacrifice had to be made but it was still unexpected how it happened.
- January 1, 1970Shandie BellSo "swear words" good 😎😍Well what a ride. So awesome i love the chemistry of the characters they all fit. And the end i nearly cried all the emotions. Love ur work Montana 😎
- January 1, 1970RiaMontana Ash I hate you but I love you. OMG this book.
- January 1, 1970LaylaDisappointing. I hated the head hopping narrative. 90% of the POV characters had to have sex. So the book was more sex than plot. And then it all ends in another epic cliffhanger.
Write a review