A glorious title from classic Marvel history returns, for a suitably suspenseful tale springing from the pages of Secret Empire! The Black Widow is dead...but someone out there is killing her old enemies one by one. With a broken heart and a bloody trail to follow, Clint Barton - the Avenger known as Hawkeye - is looking for answers. And the only person alive who may have them is another of Natasha Romanoff 's ex-boyfriends - Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier! Can Clint and Bucky trust each other long enough to honor the Black Widow's legacy, and unravel the web of mysteries that Natasha Romanoff left behind? COLLECTING: TALES OF SUSPENSE 100-104
Readers also enjoyed
Tales of Suspense Review
- January 1, 1970ChrisDammit, Tumblr, I don't even go here! D'oh. Yeah, I saw some snippets of this on Tumblr and was intrigued by the dynamic between Hawkeye and Bucky. Considering 99% of what I know about the Avengers is from Tumblr, it was pretty good. :D
- January 1, 1970KatieWitty and fast-paced, a fun adventure series that definitely flips the script on the traditional "damsel in distress" storyline we often get from comics. I'm definitely curious as to how that ending may play out in later books! More Ursa Major for sure. My only real complaint is that the artwork steadily fell the entire series and it just wasn't my favorite part, which is a real bummer.more
- January 1, 1970Nicolegood story, questionable art
- January 1, 1970AllisonThis was simply great! I loved the dynamic duo of Bucky and Clint as their arguments kept making me laugh. This was a great mood booster! I’m dying for more!! This has to be the best comic I’ve ever come across! Witty banter! Sarcasm overload! Drama! Action! Bucky! Natasha! Love! It’s just perfect!more
- January 1, 1970LesleyYou'd have to work real hard for me to dislike a Bucky & Clint team-up. More Ursa Major please. Not overly fond of the art but that's just me.
- January 1, 1970DeniI loved the dynamic relationships between Hawkeye and Winter Soldier and their past with Black Widow. Great consistent art too.
- January 1, 1970Diane ~Firefly~Hawkeye and The Winter Soldier are awesome together! They totally need to team up more.(view spoiler)[The Black Widow carries the second half as her plan is revealed. She is one scary, determined woman. (hide spoiler)]
- January 1, 1970MarisaThis story is possibly the only good thing to come about as a result of Nick Spencer’s incredibly offensive and self-serving “Secret Empire”. *You will not have needed to read “Secret Empire” to read Tales of Suspense. Only 2 major events would be necessary to know about. *I’m rating Tales of Suspense as 5 stars because I really loved the story. It was a fun, “buddy comedy” with just the right touch of drama, mystery and suspense. The author wrote the characters with accuracy. He brought out the This story is possibly the only good thing to come about as a result of Nick Spencer’s incredibly offensive and self-serving “Secret Empire”. *You will not have needed to read “Secret Empire” to read Tales of Suspense. Only 2 major events would be necessary to know about. *I’m rating Tales of Suspense as 5 stars because I really loved the story. It was a fun, “buddy comedy” with just the right touch of drama, mystery and suspense. The author wrote the characters with accuracy. He brought out the dimensions of their personality. And the chemistry between all 3 main characters is perfect. The art is lazy but (mostly) tolerable. There are a couple times that it seems the artist just scribbled something and gave up.more
- January 1, 1970Gerry SaccoReally good. Some very funny parts. Art was fairly stylized but overall I enjoyed it.I enjoyed the letter at the end as well from Rosenberg. “That’s why I love super hero stories. If they work right, when you see the curtain come down at the end, somehow it’s you who has changed.”more
- January 1, 1970Katie Florida3.5*read issue by issue*This started off so strong. The banter between Hawkeye and the Winter Soldier was fantastic. Natasha kinda ruined it for me.
- January 1, 1970EmilyCons: I'm not sure what was going on with the plot.Pros: I didn't buy this for the plot. I bought it for the Clint + Bucky shenanigans, and the shenanigans definitely did not disappoint!
- January 1, 1970RachelRead single issues. It would've been really hard to make me dislike Bucky and Clint teaming up on a Natasha-centric mission, but this kept exceeding my expected level of delight.
- January 1, 1970annathis was great, i love bucky and clint so much
- January 1, 1970Briantakes place after the whole Steve Rogers/Hydra storyline....which I hadn't finished yet. Whoops.
- January 1, 1970AbbyMy three favorite characters all in the same comic? Both exciting and hilarious. Best comic ever!
- January 1, 1970ElizabethEverything I wanted it to be and more.
- January 1, 1970Iris NeversThis was such a fun adventure and I just loved seeing the interactions between Bucky and Clint. It was really one of the most fun books I've read in a while.
Write a review