#1 New York Times bestselling author Johanna Lindsey takes you on a captivating adventure in 1880s Montana where passions and gold fever run high as an American heiress turns to a rugged mountain man to help her locate her father’s fortune.Summoned back to Philadelphia from the social whirl in London, Violet Mitchell never expected to find her brothers living on the edge of financial ruin while their father seeks new wealth in Montana’s gold fields. With the family’s home and social standing at risk, Violet makes a drastic decision.Morgan Callahan rode away from his family’s cattle ranch to make his own fortune. Now as he finishes exploiting a mother lode of silver, a young woman claiming to be his late partner’s daughter turns up wanting to be taken to her father’s mine. Suspecting that the pretty schemer works for the mining outfit that is trying to steal his land, he has no qualms about snatching her and holding her at his camp where she can do no harm.Morgan underestimated the new thorn in his side. Determined to claim what rightfully belongs to her family, Violet summons up the courage, grit, and spunk to cope with the hazards and discomforts of an untamed land and the disturbingly masculine stranger who holds her fate in his hands. But an error of judgment brings down a hailstorm of calamity and danger that upends her plans and deepens her bond to a man who is not the brilliant match a lady wishes to make but could be all that a strong, passionate woman desires.
Readers also enjoyed
Marry Me by Sundown Review
- January 1, 1970Connie MurphyI received this book today via a goodreads giveaway. This book did not disappoint. Johanna Lindsay has a wonderful way of weaving a story. Once I started I couldn't put it down. Great story and a fast read. The only negative is that I finished so fast.more
- January 1, 1970Tony CoffeyAnother Great BookMarry Me By Sundown is another wonderful story from Johanna Lindsey. Loved the characters and the plot. Read, relax and enjoy.
- January 1, 1970DebbieI won this book from Goodreads for a honest review. I've never read anything by Johanna Lindsey but I hope I will in the near future. I wasn't disappointed at all. This book has adventures and mystery and romance. Everything I liked to read. I recommend this book.more
- January 1, 1970MeryanI won this book from Goodreads, but I would have bought it anyway. Violet Mitchell is in London, where she has been for 9 years, when she gets called home by her brothers Daniel and Evan. They were a well-off family until her father, Charles, made some bad investments. Now the family is almost broke and the bank is going to take their house. Her father has gone to Montana's gold mines to try to make the family a fortune. Violet has to go find her father but when she gets there she finds out her I won this book from Goodreads, but I would have bought it anyway. Violet Mitchell is in London, where she has been for 9 years, when she gets called home by her brothers Daniel and Evan. They were a well-off family until her father, Charles, made some bad investments. Now the family is almost broke and the bank is going to take their house. Her father has gone to Montana's gold mines to try to make the family a fortune. Violet has to go find her father but when she gets there she finds out her father is dead but he had a mine by Morgan Callahan,who he was partners with. She wants to find any gold her father had to save her family but Morgan doesn't trust her and thinks she has been sent by another big miner to find his mine.more
- January 1, 1970Debra McEathronI won this book from Gallery Books. I really like the author Lindsay, and this book was just as good as her others. Morgan had to deal with what he thought was a snotty,actress trying to get his mine. Violet had to deal with a recluse, secretive man to take care of her father's affairs. They both had to deal with unscrupulous men, to protect themselves and their property.more
- January 1, 1970Diana WoodwardPartners of Silver and GoldGreat story of what happened with gold and silver miners. How some partner up to watch every other back. How to families merged to be one. Look forward to the next story. Hard to put down the book. Love this story. The Audible was fantastic and was more enjoyable than with out it.more
- January 1, 1970LizI've read a number of novels by Johanna Lindsey over the years. You can count on her books to have an interesting plot, a feisty heroine, a seductive hero and a good bit of action. This one is no exception. A quick and enjoyable read that I recommend to anyone who enjoys a historical romance.I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway for this honest review.more
- January 1, 1970LauraJohanna Lindsey never disappoints. I was lucky to win an early copy of the book via Goodreads and read it as soon as it arrived. Her heroine is fearless and spunky; you want Violet to succeed and save her family...then you want her to realize what she really wants in life. I thoroughly enjoyed this bookmore
- January 1, 1970JennaFYI: this is # 3 in the Callahan-Warren series (it's not always marked as such)this was typical johanna lindsey.good story, characters.you root for Violet.you cheer for Morgan.a little slow in the beginning but i spedread thru it to get to the good stuff.more
- January 1, 1970Judith SherrodMarry Me By SundownDelightful, well written second book of the Montana Callahans . From secret silver mines to ranches, Morgan and Violet caught and lived their way into happily ever after.
- January 1, 1970LILLIE ALLENTo expensive just want as good as th rest of her books. Could never really get into it.Never really got exciting at all, wasn't much romance or closeness ,not a good plot i guess I could say. All her other books are perfect.
- January 1, 1970AmyI enjoyed reading this book. Morgan and Violet are both strong characters who go through several hardships to get what they want.
- January 1, 1970ConnieJohanna Lindsay never disappoints. This was a good read. I got this book as a Goodreads giveaway.
- January 1, 1970Diane SuttonI received this book via a Goodreads give away. It was up to Johanna Lindsey’s regular standards. The characters were interesting and the storyline flowed nicely. A very good read!
- January 1, 1970PWRLE
Write a review