A child reminds everyone to embrace their own special something in this joyful expression of self-love.When a drawing of a little girl comes to life, she boldly declares that she doesn't want to be erased, or put into a picture that doesn't feel like her true self. Instead, she decides to speak up in a powerful way. And she has some words of advice: embrace what you have, love yourself, and "rock what ya got." In this affirmation of self-identity and girl power, a child's memorable mantra offers a timeless lesson, reminding readers of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities that it's okay to be yourself. Bold illustrations from Kerascoët (Malala's Magic Pencil) bring the engaging story to life.
Rock What Ya Got Review
- January 1, 1970Liz HandlerAn artist is drawing a girl. Before the artist can make any changes, the girl comes to life and explains that you have got to "rock what ya got." Cute story with rhyme about being uniquely you and that it is perfect!
- January 1, 1970Jillian HeiseI kinda adore this book. I want to give Viva a hug & share her with all the little (& not so little anymore) girls I know. That dedication says it all. And the illustrations! 😍 #rockwhatyagot #loveyourself #youdoyou
- January 1, 1970KrystaI loved the pictures and, of course, the message is very positive (an on trend for picture books right now). However, it is difficult to read the book since the lines rhyme, but don't have matching meters.
- January 1, 1970TracyOk this is delightful but would be more for me than for kiddo, so I didn't get it.
- January 1, 1970Brindi Michele4 stars for the illustrations and message
- January 1, 1970RebeccaLove the message about being true to you! Everyone is unique and special in their own way! Rock What Ya Got!!
- January 1, 1970Brianna CrallEveryone should be required to read this book. Everyone.
- January 1, 1970Niki (Daydream Reader)A great message about believing in yourself and rocking what ya got!
- January 1, 1970KellyThe character that she draws is cute. The endpapers are fun, too, and under the jacket, so they went all out for this.
Write a review