Well, well, well. Look at you, ogling my book page. . . . I presume if you're reading this it means you either need more encouragement to buy it, you're very bored in an airport, or we used to date and you're trying to figure out if you should sue me or not.Here are all the stories and mistakes I've made that were way too embarrassing to tell on stage in front of an actual audience; but thanks to not-so-modern technology, you can read about them here so I don't have to risk having your judgmental eye contact crush my self-esteem. This book contains some delicious schadenfreude in which I recall such humiliating debacles as breaking my shoulder while trying to impress a guy, coming very close to spending my life in a Guatemalan prison, and having my lacerated ear sewn back on by a deaf guy after losing it in a torrid love affair. In addition to hoarding mortifying situations that'll make you feel way better about your choices, I've also accumulated a lot of knowledge from therapists, psychotherapists, and psychopaths, which can probably help you avoid making the same mistakes I've made. Think of this book as everything you'd want from the Internet all in one place, except without the constant distractions of ads, online shopping, and porn.I'm not sure what else to say to say, except that you should buy it if you want to laugh and learn how to stop being crazy. If you're bored at an airport, I'm sorry and welcome to most days of my life on the road. And if we used to date, see you in court.
I'm Fine...and Other Lies Review
- January 1, 1970JudySorry. One of those people who hasn't heard of Whitney Cummings but am going to change that. Some of her stories made me laugh out loud. See that's how out of date I am. No LOL. A very fun read. Thank you PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE for sending me this delightful book.more
- January 1, 1970Alexa HansenI loved this book because I love Whitney Cummings. She's really one of the best comedians out there.
- January 1, 1970Keri PabstGreat! All I can say is great!
- January 1, 1970AshleyI won this book as a Goodreads Giveaway. In I'm Fine... and other Lies, Cummings is candid, amusing, and genuinely wants you to learn from her mistakes.
- January 1, 1970DanaGreat book! So honest and informative!!!
Write a review