They call him father, liberator, warlord, Reaper. But he feels a boy as he falls toward the pale blue planet, his armor red, his army vast, his heart heavy. It is the tenth year of war and the thirty-second of his life.A decade ago, Darrow was the hero of the revolution he believed would break the chains of the Society. But the Rising has shattered everything: Instead of peace and freedom, it has brought endless war. Now he must risk everything he has fought for on one last desperate mission. Darrow still believes he can save everyone, but can he save himself?And throughout the worlds, other destinies entwine with Darrow’s to change his fate forever: A young Red girl flees tragedy in her refugee camp and achieves for herself a new life she could never have imagined.An ex-soldier broken by grief is forced to steal the most valuable thing in the galaxy—or pay with his life.And Lysander au Lune, the heir in exile to the sovereign, wanders the stars with his mentor, Cassius, haunted by the loss of the world that Darrow transformed, and dreaming of what will rise from its ashes.Red Rising was the story of the end of one universe, and Iron Gold is the story of the creation of a new one. Witness the beginning of a stunning new saga of tragedy and triumph from masterly New York Times bestselling author Pierce Brown.
Readers also enjoyed
- The Apocalypse Guard (Apocalypse Guard, #1)
- Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
- Defy the Stars (Constellation, #1)
- Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
- Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)
- Vanguard (Razorland, #4)
- Empress of a Thousand Skies (Empress of a Thousand Skies, #1)
- Endless Water, Starless Sky (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #2)
- Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
- Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga, #2)
- Warcross (Warcross, #1)
- These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1)
- Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1)
- Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles Trilogy #1)
- Sins of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #1)
- Vengeful (Villains, #2)
- Renegades (Renegades, #1)
- Red Rising (Red Rising, #1)
- Golden Son (Red Rising, #2)
- Morning Star (Red Rising, #3)
- Dark Age (Red Rising Saga #5)
- Untitled (Red Rising Saga #6)
Iron Gold (Red Rising, #4) Review
- January 1, 1970Pierce BrownScintillating. Just scintillating. This author seems to really understand the way my clock ticks. If you know what I mean, boyo.
- January 1, 1970Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads12/15/16: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/15/...So. Much. YAASSS.
- January 1, 1970Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ MartinYeah, I have about 4 different copies pre-ordered because I'm crazy that way!!
- January 1, 1970Sh3lly ✨ addicted to reading ✨Update 3/10/17: From a Pierce Brown email list message: Meet LYRIA from Iron Gold.A Red, recently liberated from the mines of Mars, Lyria wants so badly to believe in the principles and dreams of the Rising. But a harsh life in the refugee camps for herself and her family makes hope a difficult endeavor. Will she learn to live for more and find her place among the stars? ^^^^^Character art by Magali Villeneuve. From Pierce's Facebook on February 5, 2017:Hey Howlers,I have news that I know will d Update 3/10/17: From a Pierce Brown email list message: Meet LYRIA from Iron Gold.A Red, recently liberated from the mines of Mars, Lyria wants so badly to believe in the principles and dreams of the Rising. But a harsh life in the refugee camps for herself and her family makes hope a difficult endeavor. Will she learn to live for more and find her place among the stars? ^^^^^Character art by Magali Villeneuve. From Pierce's Facebook on February 5, 2017:Hey Howlers,I have news that I know will disappoint many of you. I've just been notified that IRON GOLD, which was originally scheduled for an August 2017 release, has now been pushed back to January 2018. There are a variety of factors that contributed to the shift in date--the chief factor being that my editor and I are not yet satisfied that the book has reached its full potential. We could rush it out, but the reason I undertook this new trilogy was to create something that is superior to the original Red Rising Trilogy, not a slapdash rendering that tries to capitalize on the first trilogy's success.Iron Gold is larger in scope, longer in page count, and more complicated in plot and character construction that any book I've yet attempted. This means I need a bit more time.I know this doesn't make up for the disappointment of moving it out, so I've prepared a special excerpt exclusively for you Howlers as a sort of laurel peace offering.To get the excerpt (and other updates on the Red Rising Saga) sign up at www.redrisingbook.com or www.piercebrownbooks.comThe excerpt will be sent out next week to those signed up for the newsletter.Much love & per aspera ad astra-Pb(edit: thank you for your kind response to this. I was a little nervous about posting the delay, but you guys have just made me more excited to work on it)Bump for that cover, though. I just noticed it had one! Purty. August 2017? *dies*"Brown intends to explore this topic more in depth with his next trilogy called Iron Gold, the first book of which is due next year. Taking place a decade after Morning Star, and featuring the characters “blessed enough to have survived the first trilogy” (there’s a George R. R. Martinesque level of character reduction in Red Rising), Iron Gold will focus on what happens after an empire is destroyed and opportunists rush in to fill the vacuum."http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/boo...more
- January 1, 1970Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
- January 1, 1970LuciaWe have new release date (January 16th 2018)! Read more about reasons for pushing back the release date here.Whatever Pierce Brown writes, I read it. It's that simple.I can't wait to find out more about this project!Read basic info about this new series in USA Today article and Entertainment Weekly. WARNING: Article contains spoilers from Red Rising trilogy so do not read if you haven't finished Morning Star yet!more
- January 1, 1970NazeefaMORE SEVRO AND VICTRA PLEASE. THANKS PIERCE BROWN YOU MAGNIFICENT CREATOR.
- January 1, 1970KaiThe cover though...
- January 1, 1970Melanie#1.) Red Rising ★★★#2.) Golden Son ★★★★#3.) Morning Star ★★★★📚💗⚔ US book friends: Upload a screenshot of your proof of purchase HERE to receive this exclusive art print:📚💗⚔ UK book friends: If you email your proof of purchase to [email protected] with your address, they will send you a set of super cute enameled pins! More information HERE!more
- January 1, 1970PI knew this would happen.January 16th 2018I'm ready for this.Book four of Red Rising series ? or a new one ?
Write a review