The companion novel to Assassin’s Heart—an action-packed fantasy that Printz Award winner Laura Ruby said “will keep you turning the pages all night long”—Thief’s Cunning picks up eighteen years later and follows Allegra Saldana as she uncovers the secrets about the line of killers she descends from.Allegra has always had to look over her shoulder. As the niece of the infamous assassin Lea Saldana, Allegra is used to hiding from people who want her dead. Once the strongest clipper family in the Kingdom of Lovero, the Saldanas—or what’s left of them—are now the most hunted. Their number one enemy is the Da Vias, whose thirst for retaliation is almost two decades in the making.But lately Allegra’s getting fed up with everything being kept from her—including her parents’ identity. When she finally learns the truth about her family, though—that she’s a Da Via—her world crumbles. Feeling betrayed by the people she trusted the most, Allegra turns to Nev, a Traveler boy whose presence makes her feel alive in ways she’s only dreamed of. But getting caught up in Nev’s world has consequences Allegra never saw coming.In this dark and enthralling fantasy that fans of Sarah Maas and Leigh Bardugo will devour, one girl must decide if she’s destined to pay for the wrongs of her family’s past—whether Saldana or Da Via—or if the future is hers for the taking.
Readers also enjoyed
Thief's Cunning (Assassin's Heart #2) Review
- November 1, 2016Nicklein MaeI'm so excited to see Lea in her thirties!
- December 11, 2016SharonOHMYGOSH I cannot believe that the companion novel/sequel of Assassin's Heart is already coming out in June 2017! I can't wait to see all the characters grown up, being cute, and kicking ass - like usual. Plus, the title and cover are so on point! <3more
- January 27, 2017Louissha MurelWhen I learned that the next book is not about Lea and Les anymore.
- December 18, 2016Kira SimionHeck yes! I have high(ish) hopes!BLUE cover! Blue is a favorite color of mine!
- January 29, 2017RachealA great follow up book to Assassin's Heart. Thief's Cunning expands on what has happened since the end of that book. Eighteen years later Lea and Les are back as clippers or assassins. Working together alongside them is their niece Allegra, who has never seemed to fit in with the Saldana family. When on a trip to Lovero, Allegra learns the truth of her parentage and the secrets that have been kept from her she turns to Nev, a traveler whose life of freedom she admires. But the freedom she admire A great follow up book to Assassin's Heart. Thief's Cunning expands on what has happened since the end of that book. Eighteen years later Lea and Les are back as clippers or assassins. Working together alongside them is their niece Allegra, who has never seemed to fit in with the Saldana family. When on a trip to Lovero, Allegra learns the truth of her parentage and the secrets that have been kept from her she turns to Nev, a traveler whose life of freedom she admires. But the freedom she admires isn't exactly as it seems. I liked that the story line centers on family and what it means to belong. A great read for anyone who likes fantasy.more
- January 12, 2017♠ Tabi ♠All right, I'll bite. It helps that this is set 18 years after the other book . . .
- December 11, 2016Sana Khalid °¤°So there's a second book and I never knew until now. Can I have this now? :))
- March 27, 2017Karen NelsonI really liked story plots in Assassins Heart and Thief's Cunning. The characters are believable and thoughtful. The problem I have is with the gods. Besides being too ugly and horrible, why would anyone want anything to do with them. There are also way too many. How can anyone know how to show love kindness and mercy, while worshipping anything that delights in evil, ugliness and murder?more
Write a review