Set 19 years after The Architect of Song.Shortly after escaping a circus tragedy, young Italian orphan, Willow Antoniette, seeks refuge at The Manor of Diversions—a holiday resort in England born of a ghost story. For eleven years, she’s raised alongside the children of the resort’s owners: Julian, his twin brother, Nick, and their younger sister Emilia. Now that Willow is of marriable age, she's determined to escape finishing school along with everyone's efforts to make her a proper lady. The only man she wants to spend her life with is Julian, after all. Yet how can she tell him, when he thinks of her as nothing but a friend? As a machinist and engineer, Julian Thornton prefers a governable life. He can't allow his ever-deepening attraction for Willow to distract from his amusement park plans to lure a younger, wealthier clientele to their family's resort. In hopes to escape Willow and find investors, Julian sets off on a transatlantic ocean liner headed for the St. Louis World’s Fair, unaware Willow has secretly stowed away on the same ship. A tiny, mute orphan named Newton and a pair of haunted Italian shoes bring Willow and Julian face to face on deck. Forced to work together to solve the mystery of Newton and his vindictive, ghostly companion, Julian and Willow can no longer fight their untapped passions. However, time to admit their true feelings is running out, for the ghost and her murderer have enlisted them as unsuspecting pawns in a karmic game of cat-and-mouse that could cost all of them their lives.
Readers also enjoyed
The Hummingbird Heart (Haunted Hearts Legacy, #2) Review
- June 12, 2016A.G. Howard9-4-2016Today I posted the official book description for readers of The Architect of Song who are curious about the second in the series. The three follow up books are set within roughly twenty years of the same time era (1883 & 1904+), and each story connects to the others through family members that are in some way haunted by a ghostly element. Oh, and in case anyone's wondering, there's no love triangle in this one! I'll be revealing the cover in either January or February 2017.Also, for 9-4-2016Today I posted the official book description for readers of The Architect of Song who are curious about the second in the series. The three follow up books are set within roughly twenty years of the same time era (1883 & 1904+), and each story connects to the others through family members that are in some way haunted by a ghostly element. Oh, and in case anyone's wondering, there's no love triangle in this one! I'll be revealing the cover in either January or February 2017.Also, for a fun sneak peek, here's a picture of the haunted 18th century Italian latchet shoes that play a role in this particular story: If you'd like more insights into the shoes and other inspirations behind The Hummingbird Heart, visit this link: http://goldenorbpress.blogspot.com/Update: 12/8/16I've opened The Hummingbird Heart's pinterest board for public viewing! If you'd like a look at the visuals that inspired this story, follow this link: https://www.pinterest.com/authoraghow...Update: 2/1/17The cover has been revealed! And there's an INTL giveaway to celebrate. http://authoraghoward.blogspot.com/20...more
- November 10, 2016StaceeLove love loved it. Review to come, eventually.
- November 11, 2016Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)Gah I can't say anything because this was a beta read but OMG I can't wait for everyone to read this!!! It was fantastic!!!!
- June 9, 2016♠ Tabi ♠Good Lord, I need this book.
- July 27, 2016JaydaMmmmmhm: ADVENTURE, YOUTHFUL dreamy vibrant characters TRAVELLING to distant places, creepy CIRCUSES and some good supernatural mystery or so I hope...
- February 7, 2017Bethany CrandellThis one moves, people!Delicious, elegant, steamy and suspenseful...it's all here!
- October 30, 2016A.J. (Lacy Literacy)This one doesn't have a love triangle... I'm excited.
- February 2, 2017Nicki K.The release of this book cannot come fast enough. I'm so friggin' excited to read this.
- November 8, 2016MatildaI was super worried finishing the first book and knowing there was a second third and forth. Then I read the description and I NEED.Really need!
Write a review