Trudchen grew up hearing Odette’s stories of their monster-slaying mother and a magician’s curse. But now that Tru’s older, she’s starting to wonder if her older sister’s tales were just comforting lies, especially because there’s nothing fantastic about her own life—permanently disabled and in constant pain from childhood polio.In 1909, after a two-year absence, Od reappears with a suitcase supposedly full of weapons and a promise to rescue Tru from the monsters on their way to attack her. But it’s Od who seems haunted by something. And when the sisters’ search for their mother leads them to a face-off with the Leeds Devil, a nightmarish beast that’s wreaking havoc in the Mid-Atlantic states, Tru discovers the peculiar possibility that she and her sister—despite their dark pasts and ordinary appearances—might, indeed, have magic after all.
Readers also enjoyed
- The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
- Retribution Rails
- Untitled (Stream Raiders #1)
- Shimmer and Burn
- Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles Trilogy #1)
- Untitled (Elementals, #1)
- Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
- The Invisible Life Of Addie La Rue
- The Arsonist
- Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
- Untitled (Menagerie, #3)
- Black Rose
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons, #1)
- Given to the Sea
- Beast: A Tale of Love and Revenge
- Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga, #2)
- Wicked Like a Wildfire (Hibiscus Daughter, #1)
- Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
Odd & True Review
- December 2, 2015♛Tash*screeching* Another Cat Winters <3
- February 24, 2017♠ Tabi ♠OH MY STARS THAT IS A FIERCE COVER!!!
- December 2, 2015Mel (Daily Prophecy)I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE. 2017. How cruel.
- December 2, 2015NicoleOo this is a break from her usual subject matter! Excited!
Write a review