The Razorland saga continues. Since the war ended, Tegan has dreamed of an epic journey, so when she has the opportunity to sign on as ship's doctor, she can't wait. It's past time to chart her course. Millie Faraday, the kindest girl in the free territories, also yearns to outrun her reputation, and warrior-poet James Morrow would follow Tegan to the ends of the earth.Their company seems set, but fate brings one more to their number. Tegan will battle incredible odds while aiding Szarok, the Uroch vanguard, who has ventured forth to save his people. Szarok is strange and beautiful, like a flower that blooms only in the dark. She shouldn't allow him close, as such a relationship is both alien and forbidden. But through stormy seas and strange lands, she will become stronger than she ever knew.
Readers also enjoyed
- Brave New Girl
- Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
- Defy the Stars
- Avenged (Ruined, #2)
- Roar (Stormheart, #1)
- Shimmer and Burn
- Seeker (Riders #2)
- The Black Witch (The Black Witch Chronicles #1)
- Sparks of Light (Into the Dim #2)
- Given to the Sea
- Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)
- Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
- Pitch Dark
- Terra (The Elementae, #1)
- One Blood Ruby (Seven Black Diamonds, #2)
- The Evaporation of Sofi Snow
- The Hearts We Sold
- Enclave (Razorland, #1)
- Outpost (Razorland, #2)
- Horde (Razorland, #3)
Vanguard (Razorland, #4) Review
- February 18, 2017karenoh my god. i feel like i'm always the last to know when awesome things happen. this, this is going to be an awesome thing.
- February 14, 2017AshleyOMFG!!! I NEED THIS NOOOOOOW!!!!! How did I not know there was going to be a 4th book? HOLY CRAP!!!
- January 18, 2017TamaraWhen did this come to be??
- March 22, 2017EllenAn unexpected treat - a 4th installment in one of my favorite YA series!
- February 6, 2017Z ~ The Diary of Book EnthusiastsOkay, I'm not really sure how to feel about this book. I'm a big fan of the Razorland Saga, so it goes without saying that I was ecstatic when I heard that Tegan is finally going to have her own story. I waited three years for this. THREE YEARS.I wasn't really expecting anything when I started reading this. The love interest was a big surprise (view spoiler)[ all along I thought it was going to be James but nah (hide spoiler)]. I was excited to see how that would work, but then it didn't take lo Okay, I'm not really sure how to feel about this book. I'm a big fan of the Razorland Saga, so it goes without saying that I was ecstatic when I heard that Tegan is finally going to have her own story. I waited three years for this. THREE YEARS.I wasn't really expecting anything when I started reading this. The love interest was a big surprise (view spoiler)[ all along I thought it was going to be James but nah (hide spoiler)]. I was excited to see how that would work, but then it didn't take long for me to realize that I'm not connecting with the characters. There were plenty of moments--mushy, angsty, heart-pounding action--but they didn't pull me in. Even when Deuce and Fade made an appearance, I didn't feel much excitement.There were plenty of revelations about Tegan, which I liked because it made me know her more. They made me see her in a different light. However, in this book she seemed so vulnerable. I didn't see the Tegan I came to know from Deuce's point of view. I didn't see the strength I came to admire. It just felt like she's a bundle of sadness and self-pity.I also didn't like the progress of the plot because it was quickly buried under romantic angst. I was expecting adventures and more action, but all I got was 75-or-so per cent of budding romantic emotions and suppressed desire. Tegan's mission at the start of the book got lost somewhere in the sea. I really don't like it when the romance overshadows the plot.Maybe there are plenty of interesting things here--Ann Aguirre did show us more of the world after the War--but this book is just not for me.*I won an ARC from Ann Aguirre's newsletter giveawaymore
- March 6, 2017Audacious Society of Literary CriticsWHAT?! This is a surprise, this series was done years ago
Write a review