Mella Laverty had been missing for eight months, six days and eighteen hours. Seventeen-year-old Lil's heart was broken when her big sister, Mella, went missing. Now she is 'Lil After' - angry, cold and dark. One especially dark and rainy night, Lil accidentally runs a strange girl, 'Seven' down in her car. Tiny, gentle, terrified Seven was born into the Sisterhood of the Light, a seemingly peaceful community that believes in the healing power of the sun. When a fire tore through the compound, Seven ran for her life, straight into Lil's path. But now the Sisterhood is unwilling to let Seven go. What could she have fled that is worse than flames ...? As Lil and Seven's stories unfold and intertwine, they begin to trust each other with dark secrets. And there's more darkness to come ...
Readers also enjoyed
- The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
- Annie, Between the States
- Whale Talk
- Orphan Train Girl
- One Half from the East
- The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
- Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)
- Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1)
- Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
- When You Reach Me
- If I Was Your Girl
In Your Light Review
- January 1, 1970Lauren JamesTender and heartbreaking, this will make you miss a sister you don't even have. Lil tries to find her missing sister, with the help of a naive girl who has escaped from a cult. An in-depth look at indoctrination firsthand.
Write a review