Five high school seniors. Two different roads. One life-changing decision. For fans of Tommy Wallach and Patrick Ness comes a thoughtful, funny novel that explores what happens to five teens when they choose the road…and the road not taken.Should Brian play in Friday’s football game, even though his head really hurts?Should Allegra commit to college now that her mother’s illness has returned?Should Cole cheat on the SATs for a chance to get into his dream school?Should Nikki go all the way with her boyfriend?Should Wiley tell his best friend that he loves her and risk losing her completely?These five seniors are about to have an opportunity people only dream about: to experience two potential outcomes of a life-altering decision. When it’s all over, will they still recognize their futures?
Two Roads from Here Review
- June 20, 2017Sylvie GreenbergI loved this book. I guarantee you will fall in love with the characters, and will be thinking about their choices long after you finish the book. My favorite character was Brian, but you may have a different choice. Also not to judge a book by the cover...but how cool is the cover!? Once you read it, see if you can identify who is who.more
- June 20, 2017Michael TerrellTeddy Steinkellner once again delivers a funny, poignant, and awesomely creative take on being a teenager and grappling with all the ups and downs of that time of life. As with his earlier books, he has created something that resonates with teens and adults alike. Such a great read! Keep 'em coming, Teddy.more
- June 23, 2017LilaI loved this book. I read it in one day because the characters and unique structure of the book sucked me in. I had to know what happened to them and I appreciated the way their individual stories were weaved together so beautifully. Some really lovely and moving moments and as well as laugh out loud stuff. Highly recommend!!more
- June 20, 2017Marni BartaHighly recommended!!! A fun and smart read that is hard to put down. It's a YA novel that manages to resonate with older readers too.
- June 20, 2017Diogenes BritoFour words: he's done it again! Do yourself a favor and find a spot to curl up with this book, you won't be disappointed.
- January 5, 2017CsteinkellnerFIVE STARS X2I can't stop thinking about this book. Who hasn't made a tough choice, then wondered what life would have been if you'd gone the other way? Elements of Cloud Atlas, Sliding Doors, and Groundhogs Day blend with a Breakfast Club quintet of quirky characters, as the question "Free will or fate?" is tackled in a year-in-the-life of five high school seniors who all make super-tough choices, with massive consequences for themselves, and each other. Then: RESET! Each makes the other choice FIVE STARS X2I can't stop thinking about this book. Who hasn't made a tough choice, then wondered what life would have been if you'd gone the other way? Elements of Cloud Atlas, Sliding Doors, and Groundhogs Day blend with a Breakfast Club quintet of quirky characters, as the question "Free will or fate?" is tackled in a year-in-the-life of five high school seniors who all make super-tough choices, with massive consequences for themselves, and each other. Then: RESET! Each makes the other choice, and the dominoes fall a whole new way. A simple idea told five complex, realistic, hilarious, quirky voices - it's riveting.TWO ROADS is my favorite kind of fiction: It makes you stay up all night to see what happens (both ways); then makes you stay up all the next night to discuss what it all means IRL.more
- June 20, 2017MoSuch a great premise. Teddy does an incredible job managing the story while playing with the element of time. His characters are really rich and real and hilarious. I connected with all of them in some really strong way and they book did an incredible job of making this feel a lot like my high school experience.more
Write a review